GCSC Black Hawks and Lady Hawks Parents,
Please volunteer an hour or so of your time each week to help us speed up the development and maintenance of our fields.
Please help us by bringing your mowers, weed eaters, shovels, wheelbarrows and anything else you think may be of use out to the Peary Place or Waldron Road Fields when you come to your young soccer players training sessions.
We want this to be an informal volunteer Field Maintenance Program. If you take a look around out there it is pretty apparent what would make the fields a more attractive, safer & enjoyable soccer environment for our players.
Remember we have 2 complexes to maintain with only a limited number of volunteers on the board. Also remember you can't complain if you don't help.
Regular Field Maintenance
* Both Front fields usually need mowing (it is difficult to keep all the fields low enough with the man/women power and equipment we currently have out there).
* All the long grass along the fence lines, around the sheds, along the entrance road, and anywhere in the parking lot usually needs 'weed eating'.
* For those with larger machinery, the long stuff always needs shredding! We even have a field we could start rebuilding if we could get the long grass cut.
* Larger Projects: For those with contacts able to donate and help...
1) Road could use a good work over
2) Roofing supplies to protect equipment from potential vandals and weather.
3) Electrical specialists.
Thank You In Advance For Any Help,
The GCSC Board & Coaching Staff
Peary Place Complex (Oso Fields)
Waldron Road Complex (Flour Bluff)
|For information on areas needing the most work.|